Andream 8.8" wireless Apple CarPlay + Android auto Head unit multimedia for BMW Series3 5 E60 E61 E63 E64 M5 E90 E91 E92 E93 M3
This is a multimedia touch screen with built-in compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Google Android auto. It will replace your OEM screen and add the following features to your car:
- Apple CarPlay (wired and wireless)
- Android Auto (wired)
- Play video or music from USB
The head unit Built-in microphone and supports Siri and Google Assistant either via voice keyword (‘Hey Siri’ / ‘Okay Google’) or by long-pressing the steering wheel voice button.
- This unit is not an Android system. It must be connected to your phone (wired or wireless) to use CarPlay and Android auto functions. Without a mobile phone connected, you can only use the OEM system or simple music and video playback functions.
- This unit outputs sound through AUX, please confirm that your car has AUX function before ordering.
- This unit does not support AirPlay and screen mirroring.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
While the unit (CarPlay Head unit) is inactive, the original video signal is passed unchanged and your car works as before.
After activating the CarPlay Head unit, the CarPlay unit video signal is shown on the display instead.
When you reverse the car while using the CarPlay system, the system will automatically switch to the camera without manual operation.
You can easily switch back and forth between the box and your original head unit. (TIPS: Press and hold the “Menu” key to switch the system)
Using the CarPlay Head unit is optional and should be seen as an add-on and not as a replacement.
For CCC system with OEM 6.5/8.8 screen
BMW 5 Series E60/E61 2003-2008
BMW 3 Series E90/E91/E92/E93 2005-2008
BMW M6 M5 2004-2009
For CIC system with OEM 6.5/8.8 screen
BMW 5 Series E60/E61 2008-2010
BMW 3 Series E90/E91/E92/E93 2008-2013
NOTE: Please make sure your car has AUX function. The CarPlay head unit outputs sound through AUX.
- Plug and play, no coding.
- Compatible with all original OEM features. Contains steering wheel buttons, iDrive knobs, parking sensors, cameras, and more.
- Switch to CarPlay or original system freely (press “Menu” Button on iDrive controller over 2 seconds to switch between two system easily).
- Wireless or Wired Apple CarPlay(AirPlay is unavailable)
- Wired Android auto(Screen mirroring is unavailable)
- Siri voice control, knobs, buttons or touchscreen
- Compatible original parking sensors
- Compatible original cameras and aftermarket cameras(Front camera, Rear camera and 360-degree camera. Automatic switching when reversing)
Single Package Size: 32cm*20cm*16cm
Single gross weight: 3KG
- 1 * Touch Screen
- 1 * Power Cable
- 1 * USB Cable
SCREENSHOT OF SETTINGS:
It's tax free for all the shipping area we supported.
|Shipping country list||Delivery Time|
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech，Cyprus,
NO TAX / NO VAT
|North America||United States||
NO TAX / NO VAT
NO TAX / NO VAT
|Asia||Japan, South Korea, Singapore||
NO TAX / NO VAT
We currently maintain cooperative relationships with DHL and 4PX. Our commitment to our customers is to assure the delivery reaches its destination in the quickest manner with the lowest cost.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we’ll tell you how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
NOTE: The return shipping fee is paid by the buyer. We will pay the cost of resending it for you.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. We will refund you within 7-10 days after the refund is approved. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
All Andream devices have a 1-year limited warranty.
Within 3 months of receiving the product, if your item is damaged (non-human damage) or defective, you only need to return it and we will send you a brand new device.
Within 3 months to 1 year of receiving the product, if your item is damaged (non-human damage) or defective, you only need to return it, we will repair it for you for free and send it to you again. (We will pay for the shipping cost of sending it again.)
For warranty support, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This limited warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, accidental damage, or when repairs have been made or attempted by anyone other than Andream INC. No liability on this warranty shall be incurred in the respect to damage or loss occurring during transit to or from the purchaser. This warranty is personal to the original purchaser and is nontransferable. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Generally, the unit works amazingly well. I'm very pleased with it and absolutely recommend it. It makes the car feel young and fresh and the benefit of having Android Auto/CarPlay is life-easing. It comes with a great feature set for the low price it's offered at. I have the CCC model installed in a 2007 3-series. Here is a list of observations I noticed during installation and use of the head unit:
----- Features -----
* All original features of iDrive work, including reverse camera, and it is easy to switch between the two systems.
* The iDrive button in the console is working correctly.
* All steering wheel buttons are working, including the voice assistant button that launches Google Assistant or Siri.
* The screen will dim automatically based on your car's light setting, which can be changed in the settings menu.
* An anti-reflective screen protector is recommended, as the screen is pretty glossy. With the screen protector attached, it looks like the stock screen and reflections are no issue. Other people have done this in the reviews.
* AUX option is required in your car to have sound functionality, but plugging in a physical aux cable is not necessary, as it can use the built-in AUX channel.
* The OEM iDrive looks beautiful, with the head unit featuring an IPS display.
* Android Auto/CarPlay doesn't start automatically.
* Android Auto doesn't currently support wireless connections. However, you can purchase an additional adapter to achieve wireless connections. It's available on IndieGogo (google it)
* The boot logo can be changed to a plain BMW logo or Audi logo (lol) to disguise the system and make it look more integrated into the car.
----- Installation -----
* Installation was easy and straightforward.
* Pry tools are necessary to prevent damage to the interior and interior trims.
* The most difficult part was putting the iDrive unit back in place, as the cable harness of the head unit was blocking it. It was hard to find a good space for the cable harness, and it took a while to have it fit properly.
* To nicely fit the USB cable, it is possible to replace the cigarette charger socket with a dedicated USB socket. This requires additional inspection and could involve modifications to your console trim (I'm planning to do this soon. People have done it in other reviews here).
So I am very satisfied with the device. operation is also very easy. The connection sometimes takes a few seconds, but that's okay. The installation proves to be a little more difficult. Some should take their time because the Quadlock connector has to be accommodated. I needed about 6 hours for the installation with the reversing camera. So all in a super thing. I would recommend it to others. 4 stars because the plug is so huge
Good unit and works instant. Bmw idrive keeps working and steering wheel buttons are also working! I had a small problem with the left speakers, but they’ve sent me a replacement cable to hopefully fix it. Great product and great service!
Works great, carplay is fast and smooth. Support was great too. Only downside is that it doesn't open Carplay on startup, you have select it in the first menu first.
Ordered 19th Dec, took about a month to get to me, partly Christmas delays, covid and Brexit so just glad Andream were able to get it to me. Installation took about 2hrs, difficult getting the new loom fitted behind the control unit. Fitted everything back then found out I had to route the aux cable to the armrest which resulted in another 1hr and a bit to get under the center console trim. Overall very happy with the product, would've liked a bit more installation information if you've got specific features as I was only able to find out I needed to route the aux cable after reading a forum post.
Your product is fantastic and so is your customer support. Works great on my e92 BMW.
I'm also going to buy your reverse camera at the end of the month.
Thank you very much for the help guys.
2007 E92 CCC. My system does come with an Aux input, but for some reasons, my CarPlay and all audio plays fine without the Aux cable. I’m wondering if it’s just this type of unit. Maybe the Android unit requires an Aux but I can’t speak for it because the unit I bought is the Wired/Wireless CarPlay + Android Auto Unit with a backup camera. I kept it simple and didn’t feel the need to spend for features I probably won’t use. IMO this works perfect. Setup took me 3 hours because I had to wire the backup camera and it was my first time installing, nor was I provided instructions (I found it later in the QR code). Most of it is pretty self explanatory and support Wang responded pretty quickly. I wish I made a YouTube video to help everyone out. If you guys are interested, I am more than happy to share my knowledge and how I wired and hid everything while IMO took the easiest route with removing the least panels. You could reach me at email@example.com Everything works. No sloppy wires, you wouldn’t even know this was purchased and installed for around $300. I’m glad I did not go with the stock CIC retrofit. Would have cost me nearly $2000 by the time u add combox, Bluetooth, CarPlay, USB, reverse cam, updates etc. I highly recommend this for your E92.
Delivery took 7 Days to Netherlands. I use the andream unit for 2 weeks now, it works fine. The screen looks nice and the quality is good. The original steeringwheel buttons and idrive button also work in CarPlay modes. The only point of improvement is that CarPlay not start automaticley when last used.
Delivery took six days to the UK. I was impressed with the build quality of the unit, it feels sturdy. It took me under an hour to install, the hardest part was removing the existing stereo trim. As others reported glare from the screen, I fitted an anti glare screen protector (£2 from eBay) which helps a lot. CarPlay with iOS 13 works very well via both a wired or wireless connection. Siri works perfectly, and the microphone volume seems fine. The audio volume is slightly quieter than the CD/radio, but not by much. Overall I am very pleased with it, CarPlay makes my car feel 10 years newer.
I will give it four stars overall, firstly because the steering wheel forward/back track buttons do not work, despite a previous answered question on this page saying they do. Secondly, I find that music tracks stutter/pause occasionally when using either wired or wireless connection. But I have searched for this issue online, and it seems other people with different systems are also experiencing it, so it may be an issue with CarPlay or iOS rather than this unit. If they can fix these issues with a software update, I would give it 5 stars. And also I agree they should include a manual, or a more professional installation video.
If you would like to see a video of my unit in action, I have created one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeDof_KpIUI
Installing the unit was not that hard, I have never done anything like it and was done in two hours I closing routing the cable to the armrest where my phone sits. A short manual would have been welcome but I managed without it as well.
The unit works well, switching between the CCC and the Android system works smoothly. The volume is more than enough to play music loudly. Google Assistant/Siri is accessible from the steering wheel button. Other features are accessible via either touchscreen or the iDrive button (you pick).
The split screen functionality is really cool so you can navigate with Google maps and have Spotify on the right to easily check and manage your music.
I found only a few drawbacks. One was the missing manual, the other ones are with the screen itself. The screen has quite a glare and when weather is a bit bright it's very hard to see the screen. I turned the brightness up to 100% but to no avail. I do see that the screen can be brighter but it seems to switch to a lower brightness shortly after setting 100%. The glare I did fix with a screenprotector with anti glare coating, this fixes the problem for the most part but alas not entirely.
If there is a way to set more than 100% brightness I'd love to hear it as the screen does have that mode...