Andream 8.8" Wireless CarPlay Android Auto Head Unit Multimedia For BMW Series3 5 E60 E61 E63 E64 M5 E90 E91 E92 E93 M3 CCC CIC Touch Screen
HOW DOES IT WORK?
While the unit (CarPlay/Android-auto Head unit) is inactive, the original video signal is passed unchanged and your car works as before.
After activating the CarPlay/Android-auto Head unit, the CarPlay/Android-auto unit video signal is shown on the display instead.
When you reverse the car while using the CarPlay/Android-auto system, the system will automatically switch to the camera without manual operation.
You can easily switch back and forth between the CarPlay/Android-auto and your original head unit. (TIPS: Press and hold the “Menu” key to switch the system)
Compatible with all functions of the original car system (most of the steering wheel control functions, original car Idrive knob, original parking sensors, original Car Optic fiber system and so on)
Using the CarPlay/Android-auto Head unit is optional and should be seen as an add-on and not as a replacement.
CCC system with OEM 6.5/8.8 screen
For BMW 5 Series E60/E61 2003-2008
For BMW 3 Series E90/E91/E92/E93 2005-2008
For BMW M6 M5 2004-2009
CIC system with OEM 6.5/8.8 screen
For BMW 5 Series E60/E61 2008-2010
For BMW 3 Series E90/E91/E92/E93 2008-2013
NOTE: Please make sure your car has AUX function. The CarPlay head unit outputs sound through AUX.
This is a multimedia touch screen with built-in compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Google Android auto. It will replace your OEM screen and add the following features to your car:
- Wireless CarPlay (wired and wireless)
Enjoy,control, and view certain iPhone-based apps through the unit (Support wireless & wired connection,Compatible with iPhone 5 and later)
- Android Auto (wired and wireless)
Access your phone content such as messaging.calling, music services andnavigation while you're driving(Support wireless & wired connection)
- Smart Voice Control
Once connected to CarPlay/Android Auto, Siri and Google Assistant can be activated by simply saying "Hey Siri" and "Hey Google" or touching the mic button.Get directions, make calls and more with just a word or a touch.
- USB media playback
Plug and play offline music and video, convenient and fast
- Music App
Easy to switch songs,channels and adjust volumeto provide you a safer and more enjoyable journey
- GPS Navigation
Support various of Maps like Google Maps,Waze and ect...Access anywhere with one touch,
and also helps you find more to see and do when you getthere — whether you're searching for points of interest,driving to a favorite restaurant, or looking for nearby gas stations.
- Bluetooth phone
Car Bluetooth phone calls, freeing hands to drive safer
- Reverse image
Compatible original cameras and aftermarket cameras(Front camera, Rear camera and 360-degree camera. Automatic switching when reversing)
- This unit is not an Android system. It must be connected to your phone (wired or wireless) to use CarPlay and Android auto functions. Without a mobile phone connected, you can only use the OEM system or simple music and video playback functions.
- This unit does not support AirPlay and screen mirroring.
Single Package Size: 32cm*20cm*16cm
Single gross weight: 3KG
- 1 * Touch Screen
- 1 * Power Cable
- 1 * USB Cable
SCREENSHOT OF SETTINGS:
The countries we can currently send to include the United States, the European Union, Russia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and South Korea. Customers in other countries please consult online customer service.
Shipping cost: We offer FREE international shipping as standard
Tax: No Tax / No VAT
Order processing time: 1-2 working days
|Shipping country list||
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech，Cyprus,
NO TAX / NO VAT
|North America||United States||
NO TAX / NO VAT
NO TAX / NO VAT
|Asia||Japan, South Korea, Singapore||
NO TAX / NO VAT
We currently maintain cooperative relationships with 4PX, DHL, CNE and UPS. Our commitment to our customers is to assure the delivery reaches its destination in the quickest manner with the lowest cost.
After the package is sent, you will receive an email with shipping information.
At the same time, we will also provide you with a Logistics tracking number through paypal.
Of course, you can also enter the logistics tracking number to query logistics information through the logistics website:
Errors & Omissions for Transportation
We do our best to ensure that the goods arrive the customers safely.
If you find any omissions or damages during the receipt, please keep the outer packaging in time and contact us via email (email@example.com) or messenger and provide us with evidence.
If the logistics information shows the receipt, but you did not get your product, please contact your local logistics service provider (local post) in time. And provide us with the corresponding evidence, and we will make an inquiry for you.
All claims for loss, damage or delay must be filed within twenty (20) days following the date of delivery or the date on which delivery should have occurred .
Under normal circumstances, we will provide you with a solution within 60 days.
Taxes and Duties
If you choose to send from China, the seller will be responsible for paying taxes. When the goods are delivered to you, you do not need to pay any customs duties.
If you choose to send from Germany,once the parcel reaches its destination country that your order may be subject to customs or import duties that are charged .
According to laws and regulations, these fees need to be paid by the recipient, and we cannot control the specific amount, as customs policies and import duties vary widely from country to country.Customs duty is charged as a percentage of the total value of the goods. The specific ratio will vary according to the policy of the country being sent, but on average is between 3% and 9%.
We generally try to reduce the declared value of the package to reduce taxes and fees, but you may still need to pay a small amount of customs fees.The proportion of this situation is about 1%, so you don't need to worry about it.
If you have other questions, please be sure to contact us：firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund Policy:If the product has any unsolvable technical problems, please email email@example.com within 2 years(subject to logistics display delivery) after receiving the goods for instructions on how to return product for a full refund or exchange or maintain. Our products support 30 days return, 6 months replacement and free maintenance service within two years.Some products only provide one-year maintenance service, please refer to the product page for details.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we’ll tell you how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
Note:For orders over 30 days, we do not provide refund service. But you can replace it.
Note:Products should be returned to our specified warehouse. We will not refund you if you send back to another location without permission.So please contact us before preparing to return or replace the product.
GTM+8 AM 9:00 - PM 21:00
Please check the address with us again before returning the package.
Return cost: The cost of returning the product shall be borne by the buyer.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
If you need a refund,we will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved,we will refund you within 7-10 days after the refund is approved(The refund will arrive in your original payment account). Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
If you need to replace the product, then we will confirm the address with you after receiving the returned, and send you a brand new product within 2-3 working days, you do not need to bear any other costs.
Other charges：There are no ohter charges
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.
1) Commençons par la commande:
Quelques heures après mon payement, Tang m’a contacté pour vérifier avec moi que le produit serait parfaitement adapté au modèle et à l’année de mon véhicule. J’ai apprécié, je trouve ça très sérieux et rassurant! Ensuite j’ai reçu l’écran en moins d’une semaine, génial!
2) l’installation :
On ne va pas se mentir, il faut de la patience et il faut se débrouiller tout seul car il n’y a pas de documentation fournie. Le mieux c’est de trouver des tuto sur Youtube, on en trouve même en Français. En gros, il y a un énorme connecteur à l’arrière de la radio d’origine, il suffit de le débrancher et d’y insérer le nouveau câble fourni. Il faut bien penser à déplacer délicatement les deux fibres optiques sur le nouveau connecteur. Et l’astuce c’est de bien cacher l’ancien connecteur sur la gauche sinon il est impossible de remettre la radio à sa place. À part ça rien de compliqué, il faut juste prendre son temps. J’ai choisi de mettre l’USB dans la boite à gants et par contre sur ma E93 de 2008 je n’ai pas eu besoin de me raccorder à la prise auxiliaire. Comme beaucoup, j’ai du reconfigurer le format vidéo pour le système d’origine, l’image était toute déformée, c’est un réglage caché par un mot de passe, c’est un peu surprenant. Heureusement j’ai fini par trouver le mot de passe à 4 chiffres sur internet.
Tout simplement parfait ! Ma voiture a rajeuni de 15 ans. L’écran tactile est de très bonne qualité, le logiciel est très bien fait. A tout moment on peu revenir sur le système d’origine. Lorsque la marche arrière est enclenchée le système passe automatiquement sur l’écran des radars puis revient ensuite au Carplay. Le son est excellent et il y a même un equalizer numérique. Le système est réactif et la position GPS est très précise. Je suis super satisfait de mon achat. J’ai l’impression d’avoir une nouvelle voiture :-)
I installed this unit in my 2009 BMW E60 LCI with the small 6.5" CCC screen with business radio.
- The ordering process was easy
- I got an email after placing the order to confirm what type of system do i have in my car and if i have an AUX port or not
- I got information about 10-15 days delivery from China. It came after 13 days.
- I emailed them to send instructions for the installation because it wasn't any in the box. I got that the next day via email.
- The disassembly of the dashboard was straight forward inclusive to take out the old screen
- It was a little bit challenging to route the cables up to the display. There is not much room to play with
- I switched the optic cables like i was told to do so but i haven't got any sound, so i need to use an audio cable with 3.5mm jack routed under the armrest to the factory AUX-in port which sits in the armrest compartment
- This made the installation a little bit longer to take out the armrest and put it back together after placing the audio cable
- I needed to choose which type of system do i have in my car. I did that in "Settings-Factory reset-code 1368-model type". I tried almost all the options and chose one that worked best. It changes how the original user interface is viewed on the new screen. I had Business Radio with a small 6.5" screen with CCC. The basic setting for the Andream unit made the original BMW UI stretched to cover the whole display, so a 6.5" image on a 8.8" screen doesn't look good. But after testing all the options, i have found one that looks like on the images below.
- I emailed them to update the boot image on the screen and they sent me a folder with a couple of files and instructions, so i copied them on a microSD card and updated the logo with a BMW one.
- I need to use max brightness for the screen, otherwise it is a little bit hard to see on sunny days, but i didn't have so many reflections others are saying it has. So i didn't got an anti glare screen protector for it.
- The wireless Apple CarPlay works flawlessly. After short drives switching on and off i have experienced that it didn't connect automatically, so i had done that manually, but otherwise it works well every time.
- The iDrive controller works perfect without changing any settings
- The steering wheel buttons are working perfectly, inclusive the voice command button which activates Siri
- I have changed the camera and parking sensor settings in the Andream unit, so when i activate the parking sensors the original screen comes up. The sound is muted from the Andream unit when the parking sensor screen is on. After that it switches back automatically.
- If you have the AUX setting in "Automatic" mode it switches nicely between the factory radio and the Andream unit without problem, but if you want to listen to the factory radio but have the CarPlay screen (without sound) you need to change the AUX setting to "Manual".
- To switch between the Andream UI and the BMW UI just press and hold the Menu button. Works great.
- Touchscreen works okay, not an iPad, but it works. I use the iDrive most of the time.
I'm very happy with the purchase, just a little bit disappointed because i read that you don't need an audio cable with 3.5mm jack to have sound but i do needed it, and for that i worked on the car two hours more with disassembling and assembling of the armrest to route the cable.
Totally recommend. It is a perfect upgrade for an older car!
Made my car lot better… quality of the sound have never been this good and easy to install and use!
Received the module within a couple of days after ordering. Questions asked about the device answered promptly and correctly, even before ordering. Dismantling the old screen was a bit of a hassle since this was my first time doing a task like this. Since there is no manual al all, with help of youtube both removing the old and replacing with the new is doable for a novice. What is not really shown anywhere is how to get the cables from the main unit to the screen, which does work with a electric installation wire for home wiring. Go via the side of the glove compartment. Did the job in 2-2.5 hours. A bit scared whether it all would work, but when pushing in the key, it all started up as it should.
There are a lot of pro's;
The look and feel of my car is facelifted to 10 years younger..!
When igniting, Carplay just starts
Navigation with Apple maps, but also FlitsMeister in the background
Clear screen, shows all carplay apps.
Split screen with navi and music
Long Press menu button switches between traditional BMW system (in my case the simple business version) and the apple carplay system.
The bright and clear 8.8" Touch screen
All Siri functionality via Hey Siri or the speak button on the steering wheel
All steering wheel buttons work
Perfect fit in the place of the original screen
The console button is not really useful in carplay mode, touch screen in the middle of the dashboard is not really a safe "hands free" option. Console button works as usual within the BMW menu.
Glare on the screen is not as much disturbing as I saw from people in other reviews. Still bought an 8.8" anti-glare screen protector (AliExpress) which was a millimeter too large). This may be to blame on the screen protector though. Decided to leave the carplay module as is, I don't see too much glare.
Bulky connection cable
Aux required, could there be a smarter way to do this?
You should set aux to manual in factory settings on the andream module, otherwise it continuesly skips back to the old BMW radio within a couple of seconds. Pincode for factory settings access on my device was 1368.
No installation instructions.
Did not test whether traditional BMW radio sound and carplay navi sound go simultaneously over aux yet, have been playing music from phone directly in combination with navi and works well. You need to tweak the loudness of your sound output in the settings of the andream device.
There are some BMW plugs left unused and an open connection left on the andream device which makes you wonder whether you did the job right. Without connecting this, all seems to work as it should.
4 stars because of the missing instructions, May be a legal thing.
Makes you even more want to drive your car without any purpose or destination.
Hope this helps.
Installation itself is easy, but tips n tricks section with this unit would be nice. Spend HOURS to find out why my AUX is jumping randomly back to FM. There is a setting in Andream unit under Factory section - set AUX mode: Either manual or Automatic (you want manual). That was sorted. Guys - Andream - please, don't be lazy and create a little HDI (How do I) for customers. Superb unit itself :) :) :)
Car: BMW e60 2006 CCC with small screen no navigation. Model with AUX in port, which means I did NOT needed to use actual 3.5mm jack aux in cable (it was wiring into the unit itself).
Everything about this head unit is near perfect. To mention a few of the best upgrades: automatic start up, touch screen, bass boost (on top of the OEM HiFi system bass adjustment), bright display, almost seamlessly working Apple CarPlay, etc. Only downside this far was the lack of installing instructions, though this problem was very quickly solved through customer support.
I installed it into an E61 LCI, and what can I say, it transformed the car to 10 years newer.
Wireless android auto starts automatically, when going into reverse the original pdc view comes up, you can control everything via idrive selector or steering wheel.
Just two comments:
It came without a manual, that made things more complicated. Andream support helped me, the mistake was I forgot to move the green two pin connector from the original quadlock into the adaptor one going into the head unit, I assumed all cables would get routed forwards. Once that was fixed everything worked.
You should get a matte screen protector otherwise it glares a lot. There are some for sale on amazon that fit original bmw cic 8,8".
Oh and make sure you go into the main menu in bmw idrive before switching to Andream unit, otherwise stuff like pdc becomes wonky when you are in a submenu on idrive.
Generally, the unit works amazingly well. I'm very pleased with it and absolutely recommend it. It makes the car feel young and fresh and the benefit of having Android Auto/CarPlay is life-easing. It comes with a great feature set for the low price it's offered at. I have the CCC model installed in a 2007 3-series. Here is a list of observations I noticed during installation and use of the head unit:
----- Features -----
* All original features of iDrive work, including reverse camera, and it is easy to switch between the two systems.
* The iDrive button in the console is working correctly.
* All steering wheel buttons are working, including the voice assistant button that launches Google Assistant or Siri.
* The screen will dim automatically based on your car's light setting, which can be changed in the settings menu.
* An anti-reflective screen protector is recommended, as the screen is pretty glossy. With the screen protector attached, it looks like the stock screen and reflections are no issue. Other people have done this in the reviews.
* AUX option is required in your car to have sound functionality, but plugging in a physical aux cable is not necessary, as it can use the built-in AUX channel.
* The OEM iDrive looks beautiful, with the head unit featuring an IPS display.
* Android Auto/CarPlay doesn't start automatically.
* Android Auto doesn't currently support wireless connections. However, you can purchase an additional adapter to achieve wireless connections. It's available on IndieGogo (google it)
* The boot logo can be changed to a plain BMW logo or Audi logo (lol) to disguise the system and make it look more integrated into the car.
----- Installation -----
* Installation was easy and straightforward.
* Pry tools are necessary to prevent damage to the interior and interior trims.
* The most difficult part was putting the iDrive unit back in place, as the cable harness of the head unit was blocking it. It was hard to find a good space for the cable harness, and it took a while to have it fit properly.
* To nicely fit the USB cable, it is possible to replace the cigarette charger socket with a dedicated USB socket. This requires additional inspection and could involve modifications to your console trim (I'm planning to do this soon. People have done it in other reviews here).
So I am very satisfied with the device. operation is also very easy. The connection sometimes takes a few seconds, but that's okay. The installation proves to be a little more difficult. Some should take their time because the Quadlock connector has to be accommodated. I needed about 6 hours for the installation with the reversing camera. So all in a super thing. I would recommend it to others. 4 stars because the plug is so huge